Gym ball exercises are a great way to workout. They come in a range of colors and sizes. They are much kinder on your back and spine and also help develop a strong core.
Gym Ball Push ups
Push ups can be done on a gym ball but are typically more challenging then a normal push up. These can be a great upper body work out and really get your heart rate up.
Start by putting your legs on the gym ball. Your shins should be the main contact point. Put your hand on the floor and perform the normal push up movement. Having your legs raise off the floor with make this exercise really work your arms and chest muscles.
- If you don’t have a gym ball Amazon do some really good ones. You can get one by clicking here.
- To make this easier you can use a smaller gym ball.
This exercise is really good for your abs and core muscles. Having toned abs is high on most people list of fitness goals. Start working on yours with this exercise!
1) Get down on your knees, bend at your waist and put your elbows on the gym ball.
2) Roll the ball forward until your upper body is straight. Making sure you squeeze your abs. Then roll back to the start.
- Doing this on an exercise mat can help stop your knee’s from hurting.
Bent Knee Bridge
This exercise is one of the best gym ball exercises for the lower body. It really works the hamstrings and buttocks.
1) Lie on your back with your knees bent. Place your heels on top of the ball. Lay with your arms spread either side of you
2) Lift your butt off the floor while squeezing it and push your hips upwards toward the ceiling. Hold at the top and then lower back down to the starting position.
- Laying on your back on a hard floor can really make your back hurt. Protect it by using an exercise mat.
I hope these gym ball exercises help you out. If you need a gym ball you can get some really good ones from here. Most come with an exercise guide to get you started. So get going and start exercising today!